Lyn Power – 5 Tips For Your New Beauty Routine
With Covid, So Much Has Changed. Meet Your Evolved Beauty Routine
As we’ve all endured lockdowns and social distancing for the past 18 months (and more potentially looming with the Delta variant). I’ve been tempted to wrap myself up in a cocoon and not emerge until it’s over. But, experts say that keeping some “normalcy” in your life and your routine is good for you and your mental health. This includes your beauty routine. Of course, you don’t need to go “all out” the way you might have when you were doing in-person meetings and socializing. But we all still want to look good on Zoom.
Here Are 5 Ways To Keep Up The Routine But Dial It Down:
- Hydrate Your Hair: As much as we all love a good blowout, you don’t need regular blowouts to keep your hair looking good all the time. In fact, your hair will actually appreciate a break from heat damage. You can also take comfort that “natural hair” is in, so embrace your curls and use high-quality hydrating clean haircare like MASAMI (no sulfates, phthalates or parabens). Your hair will look naturally shiny, healthy and you’ll eliminate frizz.
- Clean Up Your Skin: If you haven’t done it already, switch over to clean skincare like Romer Skincare or Balm Labs. You don’t need to use products that have harsh chemicals to work well. And while you’re at it, get rid of anything in your cabinet that’s expired. When you focus on your skin and it looks great, you won’t need a lot of makeup to cover it up.
- I’m A Sucker For Lip Gloss: I feel naked without it! Get a good lip mask from The Sexiest Beauty and then use Lamik for a bit of color. Their Showtime Lipgloss is to die for. A little lipstick goes a long way to making you feel Zoom ready.
- Don’t Forget Your Body: Get a good shower scrub. I’ve been using Ida body scrub and bodywash. It’s clean and smells great (citrus!) and will make you feel polished and smooth.
- Take Care Of Yourself From The Inside Out: There are some great supplements that will help your skin glow, help your hair grow and even help you get your very important beauty rest. Try Elaine Wellness collagen for your hair and skin and Impact Naturals to help you sleep. I take their Rest CBD every night and it’s made a huge difference in how I feel (and look!)
So, take the time for self-care and use this opportunity to give yourself a new and improved beauty routine. It will give you a healthy foundation to add to when you need to get back out there.
How have you evolved your beauty routine? We’d love to hear about it.
About The Author
Lynn was formerly the CEO of J. Walter Thompson NY and has worked on advertising and marketing for many beauty brands throughout her career including L’Oreal, Nexxus and Clinique. Lynn is currently the Co-Founder and CEO of MASAMI, a clean, premium haircare brand with a Japanese ocean botanical that’s all about hydration. Follow MASAMI at @lovemasamihair or learn more at www.lovemasami.com. And while you’re there, sign up for the newsletter to stay informed of the latest haircare and clean beauty trends.
Romer Skincare: https://www.romerskincare.com/
Balm Labs: https://thisisbalm.com/
The Sexiest Beauty: https://thesexiestbeauty.com/
Elaine Wellness: https://elainewellness.com/
Impact Naturals: https://impact-naturals.com/